You are the _____person to view this page.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Song Of The Battle Part 3 Final Act

Now you knew my secret, but nothing had changed
You still fought with me in the field,
My deputy by day and lover by night
We started to win the war,
And you were making plans to live together
"Let's live peacefully after all this war."
I agreed as the final battle approached.
We will win and be happy!
I led the troops with you charging down next to me.
We surprised the enemy and broke their ranks
As our killing and winning streak continued.
During the mists of the battle, you lost sight of me
I was off fighting the leader of our enemy,
While you were in my mind as I swung my sword and blocked his blows.
With a crash, I broke his sword and won this battle and war!
We signed our peace in paper and went off to spread our news.
Our army then went off to bury our dead
I hadn't seen you since that morning.
"Captain!" A cry came up from my page from across the field.
There you were. Blood on your clothes. Breathing low and shallow.
Forgetting my place, I dropped to the ground. "We won."
"You stay brave, Capt'n. You will keep living for me."
You lifted your hand to my face and held it by my cheek.
"Farewell. I love-"
As your hand fell down and nothing stirred,
Tears coursed down my face silently
Ignoring the soldiers that were looking at me
I screamed my anguish into the heavens
For taking you away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment