You are the _____person to view this page.

Friday, May 20, 2011

His Promise

I was in my little village tending to my garden
When he rode up on a horse, so perfectly white
He was just passing through to stay at our village of Arden
I had never seen a man who took my breath away.
He took one look at me and I could see
He felt the same way towards me
And he whispered these words in my ear
"Meet me in the shade of the river willow tree."
I met my knight that evening dark
He promised to take me away
Away to live together far to the horizon
"I will take you in the month of May."
As he rode off on a horse, so perfectly white
One day, I knew, he would return to me
As everyday I remembered his promise
To take me away in the month of May.
The month of May was halfway over
Yet, I waited everyday for the return of my lover
Trusting his promise
That he will come back to me
To be in his arms again.
And two years later
I see a far off white horse appear
With a rider trying to go a fast as he can
As he jumped down and picked me up and twirled me around.
"My dearest Lady, can you ever forgive me?"
I nod and we kiss each other for the first time
So I ride off with my knight.
Though he may not be the bravest
Or may not be the strongest
He is my knight who remembered and kept his promise
To return for me when he returned.

6 comments:

  1. oh yes many many much adventures that will test their heart and mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not all my poems are always sad. Most are a bit sad, but there are some happy ones... That might end sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly this one is happy all the way.

    ReplyDelete