You are the _____person to view this page.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Erased Out Part 10

"Oh well, I'm sure you'll do alright. Ah, Kyoya. Didn't think you were coming today."

Kyoya stood nearly a whole foot taller than the teacher, yet it didn't seem to faze Ms. Cartwright at all.

"Why not?" This was the first time Alienia heard Kyoya directly speak to a teacher.

"Since Haruna hasn't been to any of her classes today, I thought she would be home sick."

Kyoya's eye's darkened slightly. "She's been in club." He went to the back row and set his books down without another to the teacher or Alienia.

"I think I pushed a button there. So, let's get you your supplies for the year. Some paints are shared by all, but brushes go mostly to the one person who bought them. Does your scholarship pay for them?" Alienia responded with a nod. "Good. I have a new set here with your name on them. We mostly paint and do sketches from literature, but we start the year with practice." Ms. Cartwright handed Alienia a small wooden box, barely the size of a normal notebook. "Here are your brushes, pencils, charcoal, and eraser; Just to start off. They are high quality, so keep them in the case when you don't use them. After the year, you can keep them or donate them back for next year. No-one ever uses the donated ones though."

The bell rang and Ms. Cartwright hurried back to the front of the class as Alienia followed to her seat. Once at the desk, she opened the box she got from the teacher. Inside, Alienia was amazed at the quality of the supplies. Eight paint brushes of varying sizes were on one side of the case. The other side had three unsharpened pencils and one sharpened to the point that it was almost a weapon. Underneath the pencils were the pieces of charcoal covered by a clear film to keep the dust from smudging everything else in the case. The last space held a bright, white eraser, perfectly cut without a speck of dirt. Alienia stared at the set in her hands. In all her life had she never used or even carried supplies this nice. The box itself was probably worth more than all her old supplies combined. Dark wood that was perfectly smooth and cool, about two inches tall when closed. Two silver clasps held the box shut when she needed to carry it by the leather handle that was set in the direct center between the clasps.

"Ms. Alienia?"

She had to break out of her reverie as Ms. Cartwright was standing next to her. "The only person that doesn't have a partner is Kyoya Sebastian. Appologies in advanced. He isn't the best communicater."

Kyoya carried his stuff and placed it at the window seat next to Alienia. A silent moment passed between the two until he cleared his throat.

"Do you want to draw first or do you want me to?"

-I'm not that good at drawing people though. You can start since I need to see how the supplies work.-


A/N: Sorry it's a day or two late. I had to stay after school on Monday and yesterday. And this part is boring for me....Barely any talking. At least I got it typed out before the week ended. It's an accomplishment since my left hand started shaking when I held it still for a moment and watched it. Why are you shaking?!
So, I hadn't taken any sort of Art class when I wrote this, so no killing me. With the next few scenes in the Art class in later parts, I would have known how an art class is like. I would like to have paintbrushes as nice as Alienia has. Mine keep shedding.
Anyway, I only have four more parts written out. And it's at such a slow part, I have Writer's Block. Not helpful! I can't focus on writing it. I may have to start just typing out 2 pages a week. With school back on, my hand cramps up a lot now. 
Wow, this part seemed kinda long to type this time, but it's so short..... Nyaaa. I still want to type out the next part today though..... Must find way to motivate me...Do I have any tea left?
So see ya on the next part!

No comments:

Post a Comment