You are the _____person to view this page.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Erased Out Part 12

"About that...I apologize for Mister Tristan's behavior. I don't know why he would do that. It's unlike him to say something like that."

-It's alright. I guess there are bullies even here. It's just like a normal public school.-

"I still apologize." Kyoya bowed his head slightly to her.

-No need to bow your head. I already said it is alright.- Alienia looked flustered and even had her cheeks turn pink slightly. Kyoya raised his head and Alienia swore she saw a hint of a smile, but when  she checked again, it was the same blank expression.

The bell rang once again and Cartwright appeared next to Alienia's table.

"So Ms. Alienia, if you're done with your piece, can you put your artist mark on it? If you don't have a mark, just hand it to me now or you can think about it and turn it in at the end of the day. Keep your supplies with you and bring them everyday you have this class, okay?"

A nod sent Cartwright off to the next table as Alienia closed her sketchbook with her drawing still inside. Checking on her schedule that had been left out of her bag, Study Hall back in Ms. Williamson's room was her last class before Homeroom again. She packed her bag, not with her supply box tapping gently against it with each step, and made her way back to the room she spent most of her time in.

The class had half the same people as in her Homeroom class, but the other half she didn't know. Making her way to her normal seat, she found a familiar face in the table in front of her, which made her freeze near the front of the room.

"Oh look, Scholarship student has returned." The student was none other than Tristan Carlough with a smug look on his face. Sitting next to him was an almost identical twin to Tristan, yet a softer expression and a darker colour of hair. "See Alistair, doesn't she look like the late husband of the Dean? I told you."

As if that sentence broke the spell on Alienia, she was able to brush past Tristan and take her seat behind him. Luckily for her, Kaye had taken the seat across from the aisle from Tristan, instantly making the latter one shut up and bend over his work.

Kaye looked back at Alienia with a smile and sent a wink in her direction before bending over his own work. Alienia had sent a grateful smile back before digging her personal notebook out of her bag. She started writing on a new page as Ms. Williamson came back into the room, but the teacher didn't stop the class from their work or call for attention.

Alienia continued with her writing, but she kept doodling in the margins with ideas for an artist's mark. She had never done anything but sign her name in her fancy cursive writing, so her mind drew a blank when it came to a good mark. As her story kept writing itself on the page, the ideas for marks were crossed out and redrawn, and advanced down the page with the writings.

"Miss Alienia?"

She looked up and once again, Celia was standing next to her desk.

"Seems we have all classes together on these days. Are you any good with Mathematics?"

Alienia lifted her hand and made the sign for 'so-so'.

"Can you help me a little? I'm behind a little since I get sick often. Are you good enough at Synthetic Division to explain it a bit?"

-Sure.-

Celia took the empty widow seat next to Alienia and glanced down at the open notebook. "What are you doing, if you don't mind me asking?"

-Trying to figure out my artist's mark. I can't think of a good one.-

"I can help with that. I have my own mark. Want to see?" When Alienia nodded, Celia took her pen and turned to a blank page in Alienia's notebook and sketched her mark. "It doesn't mean much. Just a doodle I would do when I was sick. That's what your's should be. Something that is memorable, but uniquely you."

Alienia thought for a moment and then sketched one that was already in the margins of her story and labeled it for Celia.

"That's pretty. Nothing too fancy, but still you. I like it. Now, how do you do this division?"



A/N: And here you see both their Artist's Marks! I stole the concept for Celia's from the same person who inspired Ms. Cartwright, but with some changes. I also used a bit of inspiration from Howl's Moving Castle. 
Alienia's is my own mark actually! It took me about 2 days to figure something out that I like. This is my own notebook I use to hold the pages for E.O. and about 10 other stories. That is also my own handwriting by Alienia's mark. I didn't write neatly at the time since I didn't think I would use it for the story. Aren't you glad that I actually had a picture that looks like something that came directly from the story?
So this part: You learn that Celia does get sick often, you and Kyoya made up, and you have that terrible Tristan in your Study Hall class that you have every day. But, who is that guy who is sitting next to him? And is Kaye starting to like you? Ooooh! So many developments!
I just want to keep writing, but I feel my foot is starting to cramp up. Ow! Why?! Every morning for the past two days, I stretch around 5-6 and my whole leg seizes up and it's so painful! I would love to start cursing, but it's 5am. I don't want to wake everybody up.
So that's it for now. I'll stop rambling and post this to dA. I've been posting every 2 parts (without the Author's notes) to my profile, and even though more people read it on there, I want to post a link to here since you have the Author's Notes and I like writing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment