You are the _____person to view this page.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Song Of The Battle Part 2 Lover's Question

We both joined this battle side by side 
I climbed the ranks with you right behind
To you I was a friend, a councilor, a warrior to defend
You saw me as your own free rebel man
I led our ranks straight in that battlefield
Fought side by side as always.
And we walked across our battle won
But as one man lay dieing on the field after the battle,
He spat out the words to you "Sir you are led by a woman"
You turned to me confusion and surprise
"Why would a women fight next to me and leave the safe homestead?
"I thought you would always tell me the truth!"
I looked at you, my eyes steady and true
"Why would I stay in my boring life?
"Why can't I be the first woman to be in an army?
I wished to fight and fight I did."
Your eyes turn to mine as I hide my face
With hair cut short and dirt streaked face
I knew you would just laugh
As I hear no words of disdain or laughter
I see your eyes filled with understanding
"Then shall we fight?
"We won the battle but not the war.
"Even if you're a woman,
"I'll follow and love you ever more."

3 comments: