You are the _____person to view this page.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Erased Out Part 11

-I'm not that good at drawing people though. You can start since I need to see how the supplies work.-

Her Partner shrugged and turned to his sketchbook to a new page. Alienia was already back in her own world as she ran her hands back along the pencils and paintbrushes. Reaching back over into her school bag, she pulled out her own newest sketchbook. Turning to a page in the book, her hands found the soft paper and slowly, she knew exactly what she could draw for a practice run for her supplies. She grabbed the already sharpened pencil from the case and lightly started outlining her idea onto the page.

A good half hour had passed and Alienia became aware of an ache in her neck starting to form. Her picture already had the start of a basic pathway in between a forest of autumn trees. She stretched her neck a bit and glanced out across the classroom from her vantage point. Half of the class was sitting still or talking carefully with other students that were sitting. The rest of the class had either sketchbooks or canvases in front of them and were either painting, talking with another person also working, or telling their subject to stop moving. Kyoya was still in the same spot, but leaning back in his chair in a more comfortable position with one leg crossed over the other, the book raised up in front of him at such an angle that Alienia couldn't see what he was drawing.

She leaned back over her desk and went back to the one blank spot on her paper. Next to the path, a wooden bench was starting to take form. Since all the basic parts of the scene were coming together, Alienia started working on the details and shading of the trees and of the cobblestone path.

"That looks familiar." Ms. Cartwright had come up next to the table and was looking over the sketch. "Is that here on campus?"

Alienia nodded and pointed out the window to the place where she and Celia had had lunch.

Oh, I see now. In the orchard with the Cherry Trees. I think the trees look as good in autumn as they do when the blossoms fall. Are you going to paint it when you finish?"

-No. I think that just the graphite shading would be good enough. I still need to work on the portrait.-

"I was going to excuse you from that with this piece as substitute. Just shading would suffice though. It's a very pretty scene."

Alienia lifted her hand to her mouth and signed a 'thank you' to Ms. Cartwright as she went on to the next desk. The rest of the class went by the same as the first half  of class: uneventful. Five minutes before the end of class, she had finished her quick sketch. Needing a second opinion, she tapped the desk in front of Kyoya.

He glanced up at her as she held up her notebook with the question: -What do you think about it?- and motioned to the sketch on the desk.

It's nice for a one class sketch. So that's the bench outside, right?" A nod. "About that...I apologize for Mister Tristan's behavior. I don't know why he would do that. It's unlike him to say something like that."


A/N:
Thank the Gods above, I finished this part. *dies on desk from the sheer willpower it took to finish this*
There was a stupid fly that kept flying about and it is annoying the hell out of me! But I was able to annoy it and finish typing the pages.
Alright, notes about this scene: I was thinking about ending it when Kyoya says the line "About that, I apologize for Mister Tristan's behavior." It would have made a great cliffhanger, but I decided I'm writing another part after this since I took like thirty minutes to type this and I have nothing else to do....Except Shakespeare journals....I'll do those later. I hate analyzing.
Why can't I have a schedule like Alienia's? I would like to only have a few classes a day with a study hall and  an hour long homeroom every day. It would be epic.
Alright, spell-check and re-read and see ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment