You are the _____person to view this page.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Nat's Power - Dramatic Monologue - Written over two years ago

While looking for a name I used in one of my stories a long time ago, I came across a few of my works from Freshman Year (God, has it really been two years?). This was an assignment where I had to write out a dramatic monologue for something, I don't remember the instructions. It's a little weird because I remember writing it on a night where I had insomnia. So anyway, Background note: It's about one of the main characters in The Hunted, called Nat. The monologue isn't really in the story but something close is. It's a bit choppy, but it's pretty good for being an old one. I changed nothing from the original way it was written, even though it may not make sense (It truly doesn't anymore).

She lowered the blood stained sword.
Walked across the battlefield
All her wounds already healed.
Her sister, brother, friend all have gone
Ran when she lost control, she couldn't stop
The purple eyes filled with anger, fear, and bloodlust all in one.
She couldn't control the bloodlust and anger
So all she had was fear.
Why must she have this power?
Killed so many at so young
Wisdom beyond her years
Nat knew she used up most of her power
She must get out of this field.
Why can't she remember what happened?
Not remembering her own battle
Not knowing what really happened
Or what she did to her enemies
Dropping her sword
Stumbling across the bodies
She walked into the forest
Away from the blood soaked ground
Trying to find a place to rest 
Before trying to find her friends
This poor little girl with no real family
Her hazel eyes staring at the moon
A willow tree in the woods provides a place
She closed her eyes and slept
Little seven year old Nat
Until her power wakes her up.

Please comment on this post on what you think of my writing style now and how is was when I wrote this.

1 comment:

  1. I will make a comparison comment at a later date.

    I wish to comment on this piece of work as it stands and as you say it was originally written.

    "I changed nothing from the original way it was written, even though it may not make sense (It truly doesn't anymore)."

    It may not make sense to you, but I am there and can feel the cut and thrust and the cold steel; I can taste the salty dew drip from my brow and land upon my lips; and the blood upon my hands. I can feel my body tremble as the evening chill arrives and I try to sleep. I dream the dream of a young child thrust forward in time to a place where a battle must be won, then drawn back by the overstretched elastic band holding me to the past while I battle in the future, until my power awakes me and I am again in wonder of the sun as I bid the moon farewaell.

    ReplyDelete